Commercial touch-screens add wow-factor to a digital signage network. They also require an extra level of strategy and planning to ensure that a touch screen adds value and convenience to the user experience.
Let’s start with placement – where are you going to put the screen and what sort of protection does it need? Can you run power and data safely and securely to the location? Since the media player is usually integrated with the display, will the unit have the processing grunt you need to run content and engage viewers.
It is also very important to consider the content that users will be navigating through. What is the content strategy and how will that content be hosted, delivered and updated?
As with choosing any kind of display, there’s a lot to think about.
A touch screen kiosk needs to:
- be robust enough to run any video content without freezing
- have a warranty that supports 16/7 or 24/7 commercial use
- be housed in a tamper-proof but accessible space
- be built to a high standard with appropriate safety approvals
As you can see, there are a number of decisions that need to be made when choosing a touch screen kiosk, and we’re here to help guide you through that process. To get the discussion going, we’ll need to know a few things.
- Will you be using a custom app or connecting to a website?
- How will the content be managed and updated?
- What sort of mounting will you need – wall, pole or other?
- Do you require shop-fitting to house the display?
- Is power and data readily available?
Fortunately, we’ve done a lot of the hard work matching touch-screen kiosks with specific use cases and are experienced system integration partners for brands like Aopen whose kiosks are fit for purpose and ready to carry the load in a busy, commercial environment.
Your business needs are unique and accordingly we will work with you to make sure your touch screen kiosk is fit for purpose.
Learn more about getting the touch screen kiosks for your network. Call or email us today and let us help pull all the moving parts into a proven and reliable digital signage solution to meet your specific needs.