Having the correct display is one of the keys to a good digital signage network, but unless it’s connected to the right kind of media player you’re inviting trouble.
Many players simply don’t have the processing heft required to run digital signage all day every day. Others may not have the connectivity required to communicate reliably with the server housing your media files. And there are many others that don’t have the commercial warranty you need to rely on.
Many commercial displays also come with in-built media players that may or may not meet your needs and be compatible with your scheduling software.
As you can see, there’s a lot to think about when choosing the right media player.
It is important to ensure the media player you choose is the right fit. You need to know it won’t distort your media files and is always ready to run content and engage viewers.
A media player needs to:
- be robust enough to run any video content without freezing
- have a warranty that supports 24/7 commercial use
- be housed in a tamper-proof but accessible space
- have sufficient and appropriate outputs for your display
As you can see, there are a number of decisions that need to be made when choosing an media player, and we’re here to help guide you through that process. To get the discussion going, we’ll need to know a few things.
- Do you plan on running 4K or UHD media files?
- Will the player be housed on the display screen, or located elsewhere?
- Is power and data already available?
- Will you connect via ethernet or WIFI?
- Do you need to restrict access to the operating system or the physical player?
Fortunately, we’ve done a lot of the hard work matching media players with specific use cases and are experienced system integration partners for brands like Asus, Aopen and Minix whose media players are fit for purpose and ready to carry the load in a busy, commercial environment.
Your business needs are unique and knowing this we will work with you to find the right mix of media players for your organisation.
Learn more about getting the right media player for your network. Call or email us today and let us help pull all the moving parts into a proven and reliable digital signage solution to meet your specific needs.