Reaching customers with digital signage when they’re outside your business can be a challenge. Weather is an important consideration, but there are several reasons why putting a screen outside requires some thought.
Housing is an obvious starting point – where are you going to put the screen and what sort of protection does it need? The housing needs to be weatherproof, bug proof and tamper resistant. It will need power and data – can you run it safely and securely to the location?
There’s a lot to think about.
Because an outdoor display is the intersection between a customer and your business, it is important to ensure the screen you choose is the right fit. You need to know it is always working and always ready to engage viewers.
Accordingly, a display needs to:
- be bright enough to read easily
- have a warranty that supports 16/7 or 24/7 commercial use
- be housed safely and securely
- be able to withstand weather extremes
- have controls that allow each screen to be monitored remotely
- be built to a high standard with appropriate safety approvals
As you can see, there are a number of decisions that need to be made when choosing an outdoor display, and we’re here to help guide you through that process. To get the discussion going, we’ll need to know a few things.
- Will the display be standalone or fixed to the building?
- Is it in a sun-drenched or high-bright area?
- Is power and data already available?
- Do you plan on running 4K or UHD media files?
Fortunately, we’ve done a lot of the hard work matching screens to specific use cases and are experienced system integration partners for brands like Samsung whose outdoor displays are fit for purpose and ready to carry the load in a busy, commercial environment.
Your business needs are unique and knowing this we will work with you to ensure we find the right outdoor display for your use case.
Learn more about getting the right outdoor display for your company. Call or email us today and let us help pull all the moving parts into a proven and reliable digital signage solution to meet your specific needs.